Do you know how to connect Roku TV to WiFi without a remote? You can do this using the Roku App. Use your mobile to connect the Roku device to wifi, and you don’t need a remote in this case. You should download the Roku remote app to connect Roku to WiFi.
How to connect TCL Roku tv to wifi without a remote?
You should follow these steps to connect the Roku TV to WiFi in Android or iOS.
- Once you open the app and start using this, you will see several options like how to use it.
- You will be prompted to log in by the app with the Roku account. But you don’t need to log in. You may choose the option Continue as a guest and thereafter log in later if necessary.
- You need to click on Devices at the bottom. This option is located in the bar’s lower right corner. After that, you should click on the Roku device and choose the Connect now button.
- Hit the Remote icon under the discovered Roku device. At the top, you can see its name appearing. You must then hit the Home button or OK button to turn on your Roku device. You need to keep the device attached to the television.
- Head toward Settings with the help of the arrow pad. You can see the Roku device and Roku app having conversations between them. Once you move to Settings, you should navigate to Network, Set up connection, and Wireless on the Roku device. If you are willing to establish a WiFi connection, you must follow the further instructions on the TV.
How to Connect Roku to Wi-Fi Without a Remote with Roku App
Set up your Roku app on your smartphone. You can get the app in the Google Play Store for free if you use Android. But if you are an iPhone user, you will get this from the Apple App Store.
Step 1: You must connect your mobile to a WiFi similar to the Roku player. Ensure that Roku is connected to WiFi. Otherwise, the procedure will not work.
Step 2: Navigate to the Roku app and open this. Next, click on Devices, located in the display’s bottom-right corner.
Step 3: Once your Roku device appears in the application, you must click on it.
Step 4: You can see your mobile connected to the Roku as a remote. Click on Remote and thereafter choose Settings with the help of the virtual remote. To choose Settings, you need to go to the left side of the home display of Roku. Now, you should choose Network.
Step 5: Choose Set up connection. Thereafter, you have to choose Wireless so that Roku can find a new Wi-Fi signal. As soon as it finds the one that you wish, you must choose it and enter the password.
If you connect to the new network, you will see the virtual remote disconnected. Then, connect the mobile to this new one and try to reconnect your mobile.
How to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote using an ethernet cable
Ensure that the Roku device comes with an Ethernet port. Remember that it is mandatory for a few Roku TVs and the Roku Ultimate family of devices. You must require the Roku app for free for Android and iPhone so that you can use it like a virtual remote.
Use the cable to plug the Roku player into the router. After that, you need to wirelessly connect your smartphone ( iPhone or Android) to a similar router. Thus, you can ensure that these are on a similar network.
- Go to the Roku app and open it. Then, click on Devices located in the display’s bottom-right corner.
- Once you see the Roku device in the app, click on it.
- You should click on Remote when your Roku device and mobile are connected.
- You have to use the virtual remote on the Roku player so that you can choose Settings. This option is located on the left side of the home display. Now, you need to choose Network.
- Choose Set up connection, and thereafter choose Wired.
- After that, choose the network from the list. Now, you have to put in your password. After that, tap on Connect. You will see the Roku device thereafter connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, if necessary, unplug the ethernet cable.
How to Connect A Roku to WiFi Without Remote on Hotspot?
If necessary, use the hotspot of your mobile. In this case, you should first generate a hotspot using your phone. Then, you need to connect the Roku to your mobile’s hotspot.
How to Roku IP Address Without WI-FI or Remote?
When your Roku is disconnected from a wireless network, ensure that it will not have an IP address. But it is possible to see the IP address when you have connected to a network except using a remote. You should follow the steps given below to see the IP address.
- Navigate to Remote in the Roku app and then head toward Home.
- You need to move to Settings by using the arrow pad. After that, you should go to Network and, thereafter, About.
- Finally, it is possible to view the network name and IP address.
How to connect Roku to Wi-Fi without a remote in a browser
Download the Roku Google Chrome extension if you want. Besides, if necessary, you may download the Roku extension for Microsoft Edge called Roku. Before performing the process, ensure that your Roku device is attached to a Wi-Fi network.
- Firstly, you must connect the Roku player and the PC to a similar Wi-Fi network. Next, go to Google Chrome on the PC and open it there.
- Hit the Remoku icon in the toolbar. You can see it in the Chrome window’s top right portion. Then, you can see a virtual remote appearing on display. Using this remote to go to the Roku player’s menus is possible.
- Choose Settings using the virtual remote. This option is located on the left side of the home display of Roku. Now, you have to choose Network.
- After that, you need to choose Set up connection. Next, you have to choose Wireless so that your Roku can find a new wifi signal. As soon as it finds the signal which you want, you have to choose this and put in the required password.
- If you have chosen another wifi, Remoku will disconnect. After that, you have to plug the PC into the new network. Then, you may use the virtual remote again.
Do you know how to connect Roku tv to wifi without a remote iPhone? You can do so by connecting the Roku to Wifi, and you don’t have to use the physical remote. In this case, you may have to depend on the Roku app on the phone.
However, do you know how to reset Roku without a remote? If you are willing to reset it, you should find the reset button on the TV’s back. After that, tap on this to start the factory reset process. You may use the Roku Remote App.
Check More Posts :