If you want to know how to reset all audio settings Windows 11 PC, you can try to reset all volume levels. So, to do this, you have to follow these steps.
- First, you need to hit the Windows key + I to open the Settings app on the computer. Otherwise, you can tap on the Windows icon in the taskbar.
- Tap on the option: Sound which can be found in the System tab.
- After that, your job is to tap on the Volume mixer by scrolling down.
- Next, your task is to scroll down to the page’s bottom. Next, your job is to tap on the Reset sound devices and volumes for every app to the recommended defaults button.
If you see a checkmark appearing near this button, you are done.
Why Is My Sound Not Working on My Windows 11
Several reasons exist why the sound may not work on Windows 11 PC. We have given here some steps which you can try to troubleshoot the problem.
1. Audio Driver: You can encounter problems due to corrupted or outdated audio drivers. Hence, you need to update the audio driver and then check if the problem still persists Or not.
2. Audio Settings: Ensure that you have not muted the volume, but turned up the volume slider. It is possible to change the audio output device to check if the problem exists Or not.
3. Hardware Issues: You can face this issue due to sound cards or speaker problems.
4. Check audio cables and connections: Ensure that all audio wires are connected securely, and there exist no loose connections.
Easy steps to reset sound settings in Windows 11
These are some ways through which you can reset sound settings in Windows 11.
Troubleshoot Audio Devices
- Your first job is to find “Sound” in the Start menu.
- Then, you need to open sound settings by tapping on “Sound.”
- Next, go to the “Input” section in the “Sound” settings.
- After that, a drop-down menu will appear from where your task is to choose the audio device.
- Then, your job is to hit the button named “Configure”.
- Finally, your job is to follow prompts to fix the error in your audio device.
Restart Windows Audio Services
Restarting these services can help you to resolve the problem if you encounter audio issues in Windows. The procedure through which you can fix the problem is as follows:
- You should tap on the Run dialog box by hitting the Windows key + R.
- Next, tap on Enter after typing “services. msc”.
- You need to look for the “Windows Audio” service in the given list. After that, your job is to tap on it.
- Next, your task is to choose “Restart” from the context menu.
- As soon as you restart the service, check if the problem persists Or not.
Use the Windows troubleshooter
You can take the help of the Windows Troubleshooter tool if the issue is not solved yet. Here, we are going to mention those steps.
- First, you have to hit the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, you can see the Start menu on display.
- Tap the same once you go to the search area and type “troubleshoot settings” into the search field.
- Tap on the Other troubleshooter option to choose.
- Choose Run, which you can see near Playing Audio.
- Once you choose the audio equipment to troubleshoot, hit the Next button to check if any problem exists.
- As soon as you choose the fixes, you should hit the Next button.
- Finally, you need to follow onscreen instructions to fix the issues.
Reset System sound to default sounds
System sound is used by Windows for alerts, device connections, battery warnings, etc. If you want to go back to the default sound settings, perform these steps.
- You need to hit the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Then, you can see the Start menu on display. After that, find Click the same when you change system sounds on the search bar.
- You will get to see a sound pop-up window.
- Hit the Sounds tab to choose Windows Default from the Sound Scheme selection.
- Next, your job is to hit the Apply button to save modifications.
- Finally, you need to hit the OK button to shut down the Sound window one last time.
Roll back the audio driver
You should follow the steps to fix the problem by rolling back to the audio driver.
- First, your job is to simultaneously hit the Windows + X keys on the keyboard to choose Device Manager.
- Tap on the game, video, and sound controls and hold them.
- Next, you should select the audio adapter you are willing to use in the problematic area.
- A pop-up window will appear on display. Then, you should select the Drive tab on the box for the audio adapter.
- Then, you need to tap on the Roll Back Driver button.
- Once you choose the desired justification, hit the Yes button.
- Finally, you should power off the PC.
These are some ways through which let you learn how to reset all audio settings windows 11 operating system.
Have you encountered PARAMOUNT PLUS ERROR CODE 4200? Then, you need to confirm that the paramount PLUS app is updated. Moreover, make sure that you have cleared the cache. To know more about this error, click on the link and read the entire article:
If you are facing SHAREX AUTHENTICATION ERROR, you need to make sure that the network connection is strong enough when you will try to log in to your account. To know more about this error, click on the link and read the entire article:
frequently asked questions
1. Does Windows 11 affect sound quality?
If your Windows 11 PC has poor audio quality, there can be several reasons such as an outdated audio driver, hardware difficulties, software problems, compatibility issues, or improper device configuration.
2. Does resetting the PC fix audio?
When you experience audio problems, you should try to reset the PC to fix the problem. Resetting your PC allows you to set it to its default settings to fix the audio problems. You should know that performing a reset can erase personal data & files on the computer. Therefore, ensure that you back up the files before resetting.
3. Is it healthy to reset your PC?
It enables you to do a clean reinstallation and Windows update keeping personal data intact. Sometimes, you can improve the performance of your device through a clean installation. Besides, the installation can improve security, browsing experience, and battery life.