Do you know how to sync Roku remote without a pairing button? It is possible to do so via the Roku mobile app. Hence, you don’t need to use the Pairing button.
Sometimes, the pairing button does not work. In such cases, take help from the Roku 2 remote app on your mobile so that you can sync the Roku remote to the Roku device. In addition, it is possible to manually pair directly with the help of the control buttons on the television.
When you use your mobile to sync the remote, you can see a remote option through which you can control the Roku TV. If you are looking for a process to connect the Roku Remote without using the pairing button, try using a mobile with WiFi. In this case, you should follow these steps to sync the remote on your phone.
- Your first task is to head toward the Apple App Store or Google Play Store on the mobile which you are using.
- Next, you should download the Roku app that you can use for free.
- Your Roku device and mobile must be connected to a similar WiFi network.
- You have to move to the Roku app, where you can see a Remote option. Now, you need to choose this.
- With the help of this option, you can control the Roku TV with a mobile. You should find Settings first. Next, you can see the Remotes and Devices option on the TV.
- At last, your task is to select the Pair New Device option.
Thus, you can learn how to sync Roku remote without a pairing button.
The device can scan automatically for remotes that are supported. However, you won’t face any problems when your remote is working. But if you see that the remote isn’t syncing, use the “Pair Remote” Option.
You can use the option when you can navigate via Settings using your TV without a remote. Steps which you should follow to use this option are as follows:-
- Firstly, you need to navigate to the Roku device’s Home screen.
- Then, you have to scroll down the display until Settings appears.
- Once you see the Settings menu, you should look for the Remotes option on the left side.
- After that, choose the Pair Remote option.
- With the help of this feature, it is possible to connect the remote to the Roku device.
Sometimes, the Roku Remote is not pairing automatically. Hence, ensure that your remote has an error. Try to fix the remote or reboot the Roku device.
How to sync a Roku remote that has a broken pairing button
In this case, you can connect your remote to the TV or the media player. However, ensure that you use the Roku mobile app as an intermediary for the mobile. Before starting the method, install the Roku app on your smartphone.
- You should first begin using the Roku application. After that, at the display’s bottom, click on Remote.
- Next, you need to choose Settings using the remote controls. After that, choose Remotes & devices.
- Now, you have to select Set up a new device.
- Thereafter, you have to choose the checkbox adjacent to Remote and select Continue.
- You may insert batteries if required and can enable your Roku device to find them. But sometimes the remote may not be connected to another device. Hence, try to pair this.
Syncing Roku Remote Without Pairing Button
Nowadays, the new Roku TVs don’t have pairing buttons. These can sync automatically with your remote when you enable them. But you will need to take the help of the pairing button to connect a Roku Stick device if you are using this.
How to Solve Common Problems of a Roku Remote
The Roku devices are long-lasting and very much reasonable.
The Remote Is Not Working or Syncing
Usually, these Roku Remotes disconnect often or connect easily. In that case, you should follow these steps.
- You have to restart the Roku device.
- After that, you need to power off the television and unplug it.
- Hit the power button on your TV after unplugging it. Ensure that you don’t hit the power button on the remote.
- Next, you have to hold down the button for approximately 120 seconds.
- After that, you must plug in the television and turn it on.
- Ensure that you connect the remote again so that it is possible to use the pairing button.
We hope that it will fix the connection problems between the remote and Roku device. But if you see that the error is not fixed, change the batteries.
You should know that these Roku remotes may overheat very fast. As a result, you can encounter internal malfunctions. When you use the remote, it may get excessively hot. If it happens, you should follow these steps.
- Once you find it overheated, you should stop using this.
- After that, you need to remove the batteries.
- Now, keep your remote on a non-flammable surface.
- You have to wait between 10 and 20 minutes.
- After that, you need to put your batteries back in.
- Get a new remote when you find this overheating constantly.
Factory reset Roku stick
You should look for the reset button on the Roku Stick. You can find it located on the device’s back. A few Streaming Stick versions have a pinhole rather than a button. It is possible to access the button with something thin, like a toothpick.
Ensure that you press the button for around 20 seconds.
Once the time is over, the light will begin blinking. It means that you have reset the Roku stick successfully. After that, you should release your reset button.
frequently asked questions
1. How do I manually pair my Roku remote?
- You need to hit the Home button on the Roku remote.
- After that, you have to scroll down the screen and choose Settings.
- Now, choose the System.
- Select Advanced system settings.
- After that, you should choose factory reset.
- If you have a Roku TV, then you should select Factory reset everything.
2. What Is the Pairing Button on a Roku Remote?
The pairing button is located on the remote’s front part. With its help, you can connect the device to a remote.
Check More Posts :