You can update it using the Downloader app and ES File Explorer app. Are you using an older Kodi version on your Fire TV / Stick? In this case, we will let you know how you should update Kodi on FireStick or Fire TV without using a PC. Let’s dive into the article to know how to update Kodi firestick.
Why You Should Upgrade Kodi
Whether you use it with your media library, you must update Kodi 19. It helps your movies, music, TV shows, and photos transit seamlessly. Thus, you can interact with your favorite content in new ways.
How To Update Kodi On Firestick – Version 19.4 Matrix
Step 1. Prepare FireStick for Kodi Update:
- First, you should navigate to the FireStick home screen. Next, move to the Search and then Find option.
- After that, you need to find the app Downloader. Then, you should go through the on-screen instructions to install this on the device.
- Then, your task is to navigate to the Fire Stick “Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options. There you should see “Install Unknown Apps.” Thereafter, you should tap on it. Whether the FireStick hasn’t updated to the recent interface, you should tap on Apps from Unknown Sources and enable this instead.
- Next, you should tap on unknown sources and enable it for the Downloader app.
- Finally, you should return to Settings, Preferences, Privacy Settings, and Collect App Usage Data. Then, you should turn OFF “Collect App Usage Data.”
Step 2. Download Kodi Update on Fire TV Stick:
Kodi 19.4 Matrix is the recent update available on the date.
- First, your task is to navigate to the Downloader app you installed and open it thereafter. Next, you should tap on the URL box on the right side.
- Then, you can see a pop-up keypad box appearing.
- If you open the recent Kodi 19.4 Matrix, put https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk.
- Now, tap on GO.
Step 3. Update Kodi on Firestick / Fire TV:
Now, you know how to download the recent Kodi update file on FireStick. Let’s understand how to install the new Kodi update on FireStick to update firestick Kodi.
- After downloading the updated file, tap on the “Install” option.
- Next, you should wait till Kodi APK isn’t installed.
- Then, once the “App Installed” message is displayed, it indicates that you have updated Kodi on FireStick.
- Finally, you can update the Kodi app on Fire TV Stick to the recent version. If you want to verify the new update, try launching Kodi. Then, navigate to Settings and System Info thereafter. After that, your task is to view the Kodi version on the display’s right bottom.
How To Use Kodi On Fire Stick Safely
You can use ExpressVPN to update Kodi on FireStick safely.
Step 1: Your first task is to get the VPN. It can offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. It indicates that it is possible to use freely for the first 30 days. If you don’t feel satisfied with the performance, you may ask for a full refund.
Step 2: While using Fire TV / Stick, you should move to the Find and Search option. Next, write “Expressvpn” in the search bar without quotes. Then, choose ExpressVPN while showing up in the search results.
Step 3: Hit the “Download” button to install this Fire TV / Stick app.
Step 4: Open the application and then put in the login credentials made by you while purchasing the ExpressVPN subscription. After that, you should tap on the “Sign in” option.
Step 5: Finally, you should hit the Power icon to connect to a VPN server. Thus, you can get a secure connection with the quickest VPN for FireStick.
How To Update Kodi On Amazon Fire Stick
If you are willing to update the version of Kodi to the recent release, go through the steps below. But before starting the method, you need to head toward Settings. Then, go to the My Fire TV and Developer Options. Next, ensure that you have enabled Apps From Unknown Sources.
- Your first task is downloading an app named Downloader from the Amazon Appstore.
- Next, you should hit the Home button.
- After that, you need to launch the Downloader.
- Now, you should put the link to the website in the box to load. If you want to download the file, write https://kodi.tv/download and choose Go.
- Thereafter, you should use your remote to choose Android.
- Then, select the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Kodi. The first-generation Fire sticks come with 32-bit CPUs, while the current ones have 64-bit.
- Now, you need to select the Release version of the app.
- Then, wait till the APK file is not downloading.
- After completing the download, the app will install automatically.
- Tap on Install on the on-screen pop-up.
Now, you can have the recent Kodi version running on your Amazon Fire Stick. You need to retain all content and settings.
How To Update Kodi Using The ES File Explorer App
With the help of the ES File Explorer App, it is possible to sideload and update Kodi on FireStick. It is actually an alternative way. Whether you use the Downloader app already for this purpose, you must not need to follow the process.
The app is not free at all. If you are willing to sideload apps, you should invest $9.99 monthly. It is why we advise using the Downloader app. Hence, you must install the Explorer app and go through these steps.
- First, your task is to launch this Explorer app.
- Choose the Downloader icon on the right and tap on it.
- After that, tap in +New at the bottom.
- Next, you should put the link https://www.firesticktricks.com/kapk in the Path section and a name in the Name section.
- Then, tap on the Download Now option.
- Now, you should wait till the APK file is not downloading.
- Tap on Open File.
- Then, tap on Install.
- Next, you should wait for a few seconds while installing the device.
- Tap the “Open” option.
- You can have the recent Kodi update on the FireStick / Fire TV.
How To Update Kodi On Firestick – Downloader App
Using the Downloader App is another process to perform the Kodi FireStick update process. You need to do this by putting a specific URL address within Downloader. It helps to update it on Firestick and Fire TV devices.
These are the steps you should follow.
- First, you need to install the Downloader App on an Android TV device whether or you have not already.
- Next, you should go to the app and open it. Then, tap on the search box.
- Hit the OK button on the remote to open the keyboard. Then, write the address for Kodi 19.4.
- The Kodi stable URL directs to the most updated stable version. Therefore, you can use a similar link while new Kodi 19 subsequent releases are available. However, you may update the earlier version, Kodi 18.9. Hit the Go button after writing the address, and the Kodi download will start. Type the link to update Kodi on firestick.
- Now, the download for Kodi starts.
- Tap on Install while asked to update Kodi on Firestick, Fire TV, or Fire TV Cube.
- Hit Done or Open.
- Next, you should launch this and tap on continue.
- After that, tap on Allow.
- You can find the updated version of Kodi starting loading.
- Next, you can see the Kodi Home Screen.
- Thus, you can update it on Firestick with the Downloader App.
Why did Kodi Update fail On FireStick?
If you can not update your Kodi app, go through these steps. Hence, you will need a clean install, and your existing data will be lost.
Step 1. Uninstall Kodi from Fire TV Stick:
Your first task is to uninstall the recent version of Kodi from the Fire TV Stick. Then, go through these steps.
- Navigate to the Fire Stick Settings and open the “Applications” section.
- Afterward, move to “Manage Installed Applications” and open it.
- Now, you should go to “Kodi” and tap on it.
- Then, tap on “Force Stop” to ensure it is not running in the background.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” option.
Step 2. Reinstall Kodi App on Fire TV Stick:
Now, you know how to uninstall Kodi from Fire TV/Stick. You can reinstall Kodi 19.4 Matrix. In this case, you should know it is the recent stable release.
The steps are the same as the update method. However, checking other ways to install Kodi on Fire TV Stick is possible.
frequently asked questions
1. How do I upgrade my Kodi on Firestick?
If you want to use the recent Kodi version on your Firestick or Fire TV Cube, you must have the Downloader app from the Amazon App Store. Then, write the link for the update: bit.ly/kodi-first. After that, tap on Go to install. Next, you should follow the prompts to overwrite the app version with the recent version.
2. How do I check my version of Kodi?
If you are willing to check your version of Kodi, you should follow the instructions.
- Firstly, you need to launch the app.
- Then, hit the settings icon on the top left.
- After that, tap on the system information tab.
- Finally, check the info available under the version to see the Kodi version.