Have you ever been in a position where you needed to manage anything with a remote but couldn’t locate it? The majority of the time, remotes are misplaced rather than lost. It may be a real pain when you can’t locate the remote at all.
What if you wanted to do something like linking your Roku TV to a Wi-Fi network? The following instructions will show you how to connect to roku without remote.
Yes, remote control is necessary for gadgets that come with one. While it’s evident that you can’t have excessive buttons on a gadget, it may make your smart device seem dated.
You may now use them as remote controls to effortlessly conduct most operations thanks to technological advancements and mobile devices. Continue reading to learn how to connect roku to wifi without remote or hotspot.
How To Connect Roku To WiFi Without Remote Using Roku App
This step requires that you have the Roku App loaded on your smartphone. For how to connect your roku tv to wifi without remote, you may use the Roku mobile app to control Roku TV streaming without using the Roku Remote.
- Download and install the Roku app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Connect your other smartphone to the mobile hotspot the same way you did the first time.
- Then, launch the Roku app and choose the remote controllers. You may now use your smartphone to operate your Roku device. Go to Roku’s Settings on your phone. Select Network on the following screen.
- If your Roku device has an Ethernet connection, you may choose Wired. You may also click on Wireless and choose to create a new wireless connection.
- The Roku will then search for nearby WiFi networks. When it locates your WiFi, choose it. Enter your new password and click Connect on the following page.
- In order to find a WiFi connection, the Roku device searches for it and notifies you when it has been found.
- You won’t be able to operate the gadget with your smartphone after it’s linked. You may now know how to connect roku tv to internet without remote, and you canuse the Roku app to operate the device using the new WiFi connection on your smartphone.
How To Connect Roku To WiFi Using A Mobile Hotspot
Before going any further, keep in mind that not all cell plans enable mobile hotspot access. Double-check your wireless service plan before using your smartphone’s mobile hotspot feature.
Even if you’re looking for how to connect roku tv to wifi without remote iphone, you’ll be able to follow the exact instructions outlined below.
- Select “Mobile Hotspot” from the “Settings” menu on your smartphone.
- To enter the Hotspot menu, choose “Set up Mobile Hotspot.”
- After viewing a message concerning Mobile Data consumption, you will be asked to go on to the next choice. To continue, tap OK.
- Add your WiFi network information from your Roku device to the “Set up Mobile Hotspot” option. After entering the network name (SSID), scroll down to input the password.
- Save the new Mobile Hotspot you just created.
- Before selecting Ok to start the Mobile Hotspot, go through the setup and connection instructions.
How To Use Your Mobile Device As A Roku Remote
You may operate a device via the app, provided that both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network. For how to connect roku to new wifi without remote, make sure your mobile device is linked to the same Wi-Fi network as the Roku (a mobile hotspot runs on a separate device in this situation).
- To begin, open the Roku app.
- Open the remote by tapping the Remote icon at the bottom of the screen.
- The hardware remote’s default layout is substantially similar to the software remote’s. As you would with a standard remote, press the keys.
The remote layout of the app may be changed to utilize swipes instead of button taps. By altering the remote settings menu settings, you may move between the several remote layouts.
Adjust Wi-Fi Settings Using Another Phone
You must be looking for how to change input on roku tv without remote? Changing your Roku’s wifi settings shouldn’t be difficult if you know how to browse the Roku player.
Everything else is simple if you’ve created a hotspot on one mobile device with the same DDSN and password and connected it with another smartphone.
- You may use the Roku mobile app on another phone (not connected to a hotspot) to substitute for physical control.
- On the app remote, tap the Home screen. Press the OK button on the app remote to access the Settings menu.
- Go to the Network option now. Join the specified wifi network using your Roku.
- Then turn off your phone’s mobile hotspot. Using the same Wi-Fi as your Roku, connect one of your phones to it.
- On your phone, open the Roku app. Now, operate your phone as if it were remote control.
If everything goes correctly, the app remote should be recognized as a conventional Roku remote by your Roku player. Your phone can operate remotely as long as they’re both linked to the same Wi-Fi network. This way, you also find how to reset roku without remote.
1.How do I manually connect my Roku without a remote?
You may use your Roku device without a remote by downloading the Roku app on the smartphone. Keep both your Roku player and this app on the same WiFi network. Then, on the app, go to Devices and hit the remote icon.
2. How do I find my Roku IP address without WiFi or remote?
The Remoku app is the simplest method to retrieve your Roku’s IP address without control. Go to your app store and download Remoku. After you’ve opened the app, go to Settings. Now go to My Network and look for your IP address.
3. What to do if you lost Roku remote?
So, if you lose your remote, you can get the app on the phone to find it. The Roku mobile app is available for iOS and Android devices and turns your phone into a remote control. The app is available for download on smartphones and tablets.
Can’t connect Roku to WiFi?
Check your internet connection and reset your Roku if it won’t connect to WiFi. In the first place, check to see whether your Roku is linked to the internet. Next, determine if the problem is with Roku or your WiFi network.
The Bottom Line
So that’s how to connect to roku without remote to the internet without using the control. It’s easy, but not everyone wants to go through the hoops to utilize mobile devices as Roku remotes.
We hope that this post has given you all the information you need to connect Roku to WiFi and resolve any problem codes. As a result, please read these instructions and connect your Roku to wifi without a controller to begin enjoying it.
Read Also:-How To Use Stereo Mix On Discord