How to use stereo mix on Discord is a popular query among the users who use Discord. Discord is such a platform where you can connect with your friends just like Facebook. You can connect with your friends through video or voice calls, text messages, etc.
Moreover, it gives you the chance to use a private chatroom to talk to your friends. On discord, these chatrooms have a name, which is Servers. You can run Discord on platforms like Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, and many other browsers.
Discord provides a feature to its users called the stereo mix. It allows the people to share any kind of audio. The audio can be a song, any music piece, or just a simple audio. And the most important thing is, you do not require a microphone to use stereo mix, and that is the reason why numerous numbers of people are using stereo mix on Discord nowadays.
Here in this article, I shall tell you how to set up stereo mix on Discord on the PC you use and troubleshoot the problems arise while using this.
Use Stereo Mix On Discord
Before setting up Discord stereo mix on your PC, you need to take care of a few things as it is a bit tricky to use this feature on Discord. Because it is required to have extra knowledge than the information about stereo mix. You must need to know the audio features of the PC you are using.
Get Stereo Mix To Work
Here I shall talk about how do I get stereo mix to work on Discord for my PC. You can follow the steps I use. I have mentioned them below.
- Open Audio Settings from your PC. Find the audio icon and make a right click on it.
- Open Recording Devices menu.
- Click the Recording tab.
- Right click on the empty area in the Select a recording device option. Make sure that show disconnected devices and show disabled devices options are switched on.
- Find the Stereo Mix option.
- Right click on that option > click Enable.
Now the Stereo Mix option is successfully turned on for the PC you are using.
In the next segments of this article, I am going to give you the idea of how to use Discord’s stereo mix feature for more apps.
Do you love Netflix? I am asking because here I am going to share how to stream Netflix on Discord using stereo mix.
- Install Discord App
In order to stream Netflix on Discord using stereo mix, the first thing you need to do is to download and install the Discord app on your PC. I would like to recommend that you should download and install the app right from the Discord official site. Once this process is done, sign in using your Discord credentials. And if you are new to Discord, sign up for the first time.
- Is there a black screen issue?
Many people complain that they see a black screen when they try to stream Netflix on Discord. So if you also are having the same problem, read this section carefully to get rid of this annoyingproblem.
The culprit behind this problem is the Hardware Acceleration option of the browser you use. You need to turn it off in order to get rid of the black screen while streaming Netflix on Discord.
Check out how to do it on Google Chrome –
- Open Google Chrome Settings by clicking the three dots at the right corner of the top after opening Google Chrome.
- Choose Settings.
- Click Advanced Settings > System.
- Disable the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Check out how to do it on Microsoft Edge –
- Open Edge Settings. Click to horizontal three dots from the right corner of the top to do that.
- Click System.
- Turn off the Use hardware acceleration when available option.
- Restart Edge.
- Now set up Discord
To do that, you need to open the Netflix app.
- Make ready your movie or series to play on Netflix.
- Minimize Netflix.
- Open Discord.
- Open Discord Settings.
- Open Activity Status.
- Click Add it! button. You will find it beside “Not seeing your game?”
- Now choose Netflix followed by click Add Game button.
- Go to the server on which you want to stream the movie or series.
- Click Stream button.
- Pick up the voice channel and set the resolution.
- Click Go Live.
- Ask your server members to click the Live tag on the voice channel to watch the streaming.
- Click End Call to end the streaming.
Screen Share Netflix On Discord
Here I shall discuss the process of how to screen share Netflix on Discord.
Remember that if you are using Discord mobile app, you cannot stream Netflix on Discord. And that is why screen sharing becomes important, because if you are using Discord mobile app, then the only way to have a Netflix watch party on Discord is to share the screen.
- Start a voice or a video call. This is the first step of sharing the screen on Discord mobile.
- From the call interface, choose Screen Share option by tapping the button. For video call, the button will be in the quick controls at the bottom row. And for voice calls, swipe up the bottom part of the page to select the Screen Share button.
- Tap Start Now to confirm the screen sharing.
- Now open Netflix and play the movie or series you want to share.
Change Discord Ringtone
Here I shall discuss how to change Discord ringtone.
Well, this is quite an easy process. In this case, you will need the Better Discord to be downloaded and installed on your PC.
- Download and install Better Discord.
- Open Settings > Plugins.
- Enable Notification and Sound and go to its Settings.
- Click Implemented Sound.
- Click Add New Sound.
- Give a name of the ringtone, click browse file, select the ringtone file, click save.
Following this steps, you can add new ringtones for incoming calls, messages, etc.
Know How Old Your Discord Account Is
Here I shall tell you how to check how old your Discord account is.
This is a very plain and simple method. Just follow the steps stated below to know how old is your Discord account.
- Login to the Discord account of yours.
- Hit User Settings at the left corner of the bottom of the screen.
- Select Advanced from the left panel of the window.
- Turn on the Developer Mode option.
- Now come to the Streamer Mode in the User Settings and turn it off.
- Now make a right click on the username of the account of which you want to check the age.
- Click Copy ID from the pop up menu.
- Open Discord Lookup.
- Paste the ID here.
- Click Lookup.
- Finish the captcha verification.
- The details of the Discord account will be on your screen.
Stereo Audio On Discord
Here I shall give you the answer of the question does Discord allow stereo audio?
When you share the entire screen, the audio automatically becomes mono. But you can turn the audio into stereo at any time. Just follow the below stated steps.
- From the System Tray, take the cursor on the Audio icon and make a right click on it.
- Click Open Sound Setting option.
- Come down to Input > Manage Sound Devices.
- Come down to Input Devices > Stereo Mix > Enable.
This is how you can enable the stereo sound of Discord.
Share Audio With Stereo Mix
Here I shall tell about how do I share audio with Stereo Mix?
Generally, it is not a big deal. I follow the steps below to share audio using stereo mix on Discord. You can apply these steps too.
- Open Run by typing Ctrl + R.
- Type mmsys.cpl and hit Enter.
- Open the Recording tab once the Sounds window opens on your screen.
- Right click on an empty space > Show Disabled devices.
- You will see Stereo Mix in the list. Right click on it and click Enable > Apply > OK.
- You’re done! Now you can share audio with stereo mix on Discord.
Realtek Stereo Mix
Now I am going to tell how do I use Realtek stereo mix?
This is a plain and simple process too.
- Right click on the Sound icon > click Sounds.
- Click Recording tab. After this, you will see Stereo Mix of Realtek Audio. Right click on Stereo Mix and then click Enable > Apply > OK.
- Now you can use Realtek stereo mix.
Use Stereo Mix and Microphone At a Time
People often ask their friends that how do you use stereo mix and microphone at the same time? Many people can do it without even turning a hair. Now you can also do it, if you go follow the steps I mentioned below.
- Right click on the white speaker icon at the right of the taskbar, which is the icon of Sounds.
- Click Recording Devices.
- Right click on an empty space of the newly opened window and turn on the Show Disabled Devices option.
- Now enable both the microphone and stereo mix by right clicking on them followed by clicking Enable.
- Now come to the Playback tab.
- Right click on Speakers > Properties.
- Open Levels tab.
- Check whether the microphone is showing mute or unmute. If you put the microphone jack in your rear panel of the computer, unmute the blue colored speaker icon beside the Rear Pink In column. If it is muted, you will see tiny red icon under the blue speaker. If it is unmuted, then you will not see the red icon. If you put the jack in the front panel, do the same with the Front Pink In column. After this, the microphone will be synced with the stereo mix and you will be able to use both at a time.
Stereo Mix Disabled
Many people found that stereo mix is disabled on their devices. They often ask why is stereo mix disabled? There can be two reasons. One, the audio chipset drivers are outdated and that is why they are not supporting stereo mix. The other is, the new Windows drivers of the chipset is not supporting the stereo mix feature.
1.How can I use stereo mix and microphone simultaneously?
First of all, you need to open the Sounds settings. Right click on the white speaker icon from the right of the system tray and click Recording Devices. Then right click on an empty space of the newly opened window and turn on the Show Disabled Devices option. Now enable both stereo mix and microphone by right clicking on them followed by clicking Enable.
Now check the Levels under the Playback tab and see whether the audio jack column where you have connected the microphone is showing muted or unmuted. If it is showing muted, then unmute it. And after that, you will be able to use both the microphone and stereo mix simultaneously.
2. How to use desktop audio on Discord?
- Right click on the white speaker icon from the right of the taskbar.
- Select Sounds.
- Open Recording tab.
- Disable the stereo mix by right clicking on it followed by clicking Disable.
- Now open Discord.
- Click User Settings which is the gear icon.
- Choose Voice and Video Settings.
- Choose the headphones as Output Device and microphone as Input Device.
3. How to play desktop audio through Discord?
- Open Sounds Settings by right clicking the white colored speaker icon from the right side of the system tray followed by clicking Sounds.
- Now open the Recording tab.
- Right click on stereo mix and click Disable to make it disabled.
- Open Discord.
- Click the User Settings icon which is the gear icon.
- Click Voice and Video Settings.
- In the Output Device section, choose the headphone, and in the Input Device section, choose microphone.
To Finish All Up
Using stereo mix on Discord was never a big issue. Though many people do not know how to use the stereo mix audio feature on Discord, as it remains disabled on many computers.
Here in this article on Discord, I have thoroughly discussed on how to use stereo mix on Discord, how to enable stereo mix, how to use microphone and stereo mix at a time, and many other things.
I hope this article will be helpful for you when you will try to play audio with stereo mix on Discord. I hope that this article will help in solving many other problems regarding Discord audio too. All the best!
Also, Read:- How Do You Stream Peacock TV On Apple TV?