You should run Steam or Battle.net as Admin to fix the modern warfare error code 0x887a0005 issue. So, to get rid of the problem, you need to do the following:-
- Your first job is to find Steam or Battle.net in the Start Menu.
- After that, you have to tap on the Run as administrator option, which you will get to see on the right portion.
- Then, your task is to hit the option: Yes on the follow-up User Account Control dialog box.
- After completing these above steps, you should check if the problem exists or not by opening the game.
What Causes The modern warfare error code 0x887a0005
Startup crashes, dev errors, graphical glitches, etc., can make you fall in trouble if you are a COD Modern Warfare II PC player. You can encounter this particular issue due to corrupted or missing game files, graphics driver issues, etc.
How To Fix The Modern Warfare Error Code 0x887a0005?
We have given here a few ways through which you can fix the issue.
Run as an Administrator
The steps you should follow are:
- Once you encounter the error message, you must select the Close option. After that, you should exit from the running Battle.net or Steam launcher.
- You need to now move to the COD Modern Warfare 2’s file directory.
- Then, you have to tap on the COD MWII.exe file. Choose the Properties thereafter.
- After that, your task is to select the Compatibility tab from the Properties.
- Now, you have to tick the “Run this program as an administrator” option. Then, you need to tap on the Apply option.
- At last, you have to tap on the OK option so that you can exit from the properties option.
You should go through the above-mentioned steps to select the Run as an administrator option for the launcher. Launch the game to check if the error still appears or not.
Roll back PC's driver
- Your first task is to use the Windows search bar where you type Device Manager to open it.
- A list will appear in the control panel section. Then, look for the Display adapters.
- As soon as you see the Display Adapter, tap on it. Then, you can see the GPU which you use.
- Now, you need to choose the GPU and tap twice on this. Then, the GPU properties will appear. You need to choose Driver near the General tab.
- Next, your job is to choose the option Roll Back Driver. After completing the processes, it is possible to launch it to check if it works.
Power Off Parallax Effects
We advise you to disable the parallax effects option from the in-game settings menu. In this case, you should follow these steps to do so:
- Go to the game’s settings menu to select the Interface option.
- Then, you must scroll down until the ‘Parallax Effects’ option is available.
- Finally, you need to make sure that you have disabled it.
Update GPU Drivers
If the problem occurs due to an outdated or corrupted graphics card driver, it can affect the performance of games or systems when you run programs. So, we recommend you check if the graphics driver is updated or not.
- Your first job is to hit the Win+X keys so that you can open Quick Link Menu.
- Then, you need to tap on the option Device Manager from the list. Now, tap twice on Display adapters.
- Then, you should tap on the graphics card which you use.
- Now, your task is to click on the option: Update driver. Then, you have to select the option Search automatically for drivers.
- If it is the latest update, it will download this most recent version automatically.
- After completion of the above procedures, you should restart your PC to make instant changes.
If you don’t find any updates, head toward the official graphics card website. After that, you should find the graphics model manually. Ensure that you download the latest GPU driver and install it for the model number depending on the manufacturer.
- Nvidia GPU
- AMD GPU
- Intel GPU
Update COD Modern Warfare II
You can update your game version. If your system has an outdated game patch version, you can find many potential problems which can cause crashes, lags, stutters, CPU/GPU-related problems, etc.
- Your first job is to open the Steam client and move to the Library.
- After that, you are required to tap on COD Modern Warfare II from the list where installed games are available.
- The client thereafter finds the available update.
- Then, you need to click on the Update option if you get to see any updates.
- Next, you need to wait for some minutes until you find the game update completed.
- Close steam client after completion.
- At last, your job is to restart the computer to save changes. Thereafter, you have to launch the game again.
- In this case, your first task is to open Blizzard or Battle.net launcher.
- After that, you have to tap on the Blizzard logo, which is available in the top left corner.
- Head toward Settings and tap on Game Install/Update.
- Now, you should tap on Apply latest updates. Then, you need to download the future patch data for games you have played recently.
- Tap on Done to save changes. Then, you should restart this launcher to make the changes applied.
It will update the game automatically to the available version.
Users can face MINECRAFT ERROR CODE DEEP OCEAN issues due to the updated app. To fix the error, they need to update the OS. To know more about this article, click on this link and check the entire article:
Have you encountered SKYUI ERROR CODE 1? Then, you should know that you can troubleshoot the error using the Mod manager tool. To know more about this error, click on the link and check the entire article:
1. Why can’t I play MW2 multiplayer?
Hence, you need to see the game’s server status on its official public server status page. Sometimes, it happens that a server outage or maintenance can cause issues. However, if you find the server up but still you are facing problems, ensure that a random problem can strike randomly.
2. Is MW2 multiplayer free?
The Call of Duty: Warzone 2 game allows you to play for free. Now, you can use it on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.
3. Will MW2 remastered be free?
Single player campaign of MW2 has been remastered with animations, enhanced textures, physical rendering, HDR lighting, etc. You should know that the free title won’t belong to the game’s multiplayer mode.