You can fix the Roblox error code 268 by deleting Personal Settings from Internet Options. So, to delete the privacy settings from Internet Options. In this case, your task is to follow these steps.
- Your first job is to hit Win+ R to open Run.
- After that, you should type inetcpl. cpl, and next, your job is to tap on Enter to open up the Internet Properties menu.
- Next, you have to select the Advanced tab and then hit the Reset button, which is located below Reset Internet Explorer Settings.
- Then, you should put a checkmark in the box labeled Delete personal settings. Tap on Reset after that.
- Now, you should launch Roblox to check if the problem is fixed or not.
What causes the error?
Unexpected changes can trigger the error code in the Roblox client that runs on the computer. These are the common causes:-
- Spotty internet connection.
- Server outages at Roblox.
- Overly aggressive antivirus.
- Corrupted or damaged game files.
- Use of cheat engines or similar programs changes system files.
How to fix this?
Remove any cheat engines
Roblox can display the error by reading the changes made by any external program which modifies the game files to provide an edge in the game. We don’t advise you to use the programs or cheat in video games. Therefore, if you use any program, you must remove these from the PC.
Check Roblox's server status
Checking Roblox’s server status is another thing that you can do. Suppose you experience a server outage at Roblox’s end. In such cases, you only need to wait until they solve the issue. Hence, check the status on the official status page or on 3rd party sites.
It may happen that the Windows Firewall is getting in the way of the program and attempting to access the internet. In this case, you must turn off the firewall to check if Roblox begins operating correctly.
Disable Antivirus from Windows
A few affected users said that different antivirus interference does not allow their devices to communicate with the Roblox servers. As a result, it forces servers to kick you out of your running game. Then, the roblox error code 268 can appear. You should disable Windows Defender & 3rd party antivirus to prevent the error when you run the Roblox. Security software lets you disable all-time protection directly through the tray-bar icon.
These are the steps that you should follow to disable antivirus on Windows.
- Your first job is to tap on the antivirus icon from the system tray and select Disable.
- After that, you should find the Windows security in the windows search box and open the window.
- Now, you should tap on the Firewall & network protection tab.
- Hit the Private Network.
- Finally, your job is to toggle off the Microsoft Defender Firewall.
Delete app data
You can try to clear out the files and the app’s cache to get rid of corrupt files which cause the problem. The steps you should follow are as follows:-
- Your first job is to use the Windows Key + R to open the Run prompt. Then, you should type in %appdata% and tap on enter.
- After that, your task is to delete the Roblox folder in the directory.
- Finally, you should restart the game to fix the problem.
Clear DNS Resolver Cache
You can encounter a problem due to the DNS cache. Therefore, you should try to clear the cache & change IP. Remember that windows users can only do this.
These are the steps that you should follow to refresh the DNS cache.
- First, your task is to run Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Then, you need to type ipconfig/flushdns and hit Enter.
- Now, you must type netsh winsock reset for its execution.
It is possible to set up a new DNS server in the following steps:
- Head toward these sections one by one: Control panel > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings > Internet Protocol Version 4.
- After that, you must type the chosen DNS: Preferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11 and Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168.
- Now, you should reboot the PC.
- Finally, you should try to open the game client. It is expected that the error does not exist anymore.
Delete Cheat Software
Online gaming is currently facing countless cheat programs. As a result, developers become more conscious of using such software. If the original game file faces any tempering, servers will face a red signal. It doesn’t allow you to set up a connection. So, you need to uninstall 3rd party boosting apps and reboot the system. Then, you need to relaunch the game to see if the error is fixed or not.
You need to uninstall game files when the application shuts down automatically. Hence, you have to move to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. After that, you have to choose Roblox and tap on Uninstall. Then, your task is to reinstall the game client from the Microsoft game store. So, try to have an installed game to resolve bugs like the game not loading, lag, and performance issues.
The procedure for reinstalling Roblox on Xbox is as follows:-
- Your first task is to hit the Home button on the controller.
- Then, you must choose the My games and apps tab by going to the left pane.
- Tap on See all.
- You should choose Roblox and hit the Home button.
- Select Uninstall.
- Head toward the Microsoft store to try downloading the game again.
Finally, you should relaunch the game to resolve the issue.
Try to play From the Server
If you find the app showcasing issues, head toward google chrome and see the Roblox page. After that, you must log in to the account to play from the servers. Remember that Roblox never enables you to access the servers directly after the latest update. You should download the game’s latest version. Then, your job is to run the software as an administrator.
Do you know WHAT CHANNEL IS USA ON SPECTRUM? Users can find USA Network on several cable and satellite packages. Whereas in AT&T U-verse HD, it is shown in Channel 1125, and in Charter Spectrum HD it is demonstrated in channel 760. To know more about this topic, click on the link and check the entire article:
Are you willing to know WHAT CHANNEL IS COURT TV ON SPECTRUM? In Missouri, the channel no is 187 and 201. Whereas in Georgia the channel number is 700. To know more about this, click on the link and read the entire article:
frequently asked questions
1. Why did Roblox ban my account?
2. How long does Roblox ban last?
The ban can last for one day, three days, and seven days.
3. Who is Roblox owned by?
David Baszucki is the owner of this Roblox gaming platform founded in 2004.