The Roblox error code 403 can be resolved using SFC Command, which checks the system’s integrity and verifies it. So, to use the SFC command, you need to follow the steps.
- Your first task is to type the Command Prompt on the search bar. Then, your job is to run this as an administrator.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
The procedure will start and take a little bit of time. As soon as the process ends, you should check if the “access is denied” error still exists or not.
What causes this error?
If tapping on the link gives you the Roblox 403 forbidden error, it indicates that you can’t see the page. So, the contents of the page have been concealed.
The page has restricted you due to strong & aggressive antiviruses. Otherwise, the IP address is banned from a specific site or blocklisted. It may happen that the issue is related to the VPN.
Besides, the “access is denied” error message may appear because of the corrupted and broken files.
How to fix Roblox error code 403
Scan with Windows Defender
If you find any virus which causes the Roblox 403 forbidden error, you should check if the PC is safe using Windows Defender or not.
- Your first job is to navigate to Settings in Start. Thereafter, you must tap on Update & Security.
- Next, move to the Windows Security tab. Now, your job is to select the option: Virus & threat protection.
- After that, your task is to select the option Quick scan. Otherwise, you can tap on Scan options to select other options – Full scan, Custom scan, and Microsoft Defender Offline scan.
- You need to tap on the option Scan now to begin the method. Hence, you should wait for a while until the method completes.
However, if you don’t find any virus, you should move to other processes.
- You should open Windows Settings first, and then you need to tap on Apps.
- Head toward the Apps & features tab.
- Find Roblox in the list, and thereafter, your task is to tap on it.
- Hit the Uninstall button
- Tap on OK, confirming that you want to delete it. Make sure that you have given every necessary permission.
- Now, you should wait till the procedure of uninstallation completes.
- Finally, your job is to download & install Roblox.
Delete the Roblox Folder in AppData
- If you want to delete this folder in AppData, you must launch the Run prompt by hitting the Windows key + R.
- Then, you should type %localappdata% and press Enter.
- In File Explorer, you can see a folder containing local data.
- You need to find the Roblox folder and delete it.
- Finally, you should try reinstalling the Roblox app on the PC.
Disable Third-Party Antivirus and VPN
There are a few antivirus software which blocks legitimate processes. Hence, you need to disable the antivirus and relaunch Roblox. If you are an active VPN user, you may also encounter the error code 403. Hence, you should disable this to check if you can fix the issue.
Open the Settings menu to turn off a VPN you have set up through Windows. After that, you must select the Network & Internet option from the left panel. Then, you need to select the VPN option. After that, you should turn off any active VPN on that page.
You should follow different methods for different third-party VPN apps. However, you can see a visible button or an option on which you can tap to disable the VPN.
Clear the Roblox Cache Folder
Roblox usually stores cache data in most apps, and therefore, you can access it more quickly the next time you visit. But the cache folder may be corrupted by a sudden system crash or malware attack which can be the reason behind the issue.
Clearing the cache folder’s content can help you fix the problem. Remember that this process does not affect the performance of your data. You should follow these steps to delete the content of the Roblox cache folder.
- Your first task is to open the Power menu by hitting the Win + X hotkeys.
- After that, you must select the Run option from the menu list. Hitting the Win + R hotkeys can help you also to open the Run dialog box.
- Type %localappdata% in the search bar and tap on OK to open the Local folder where the cache folder of all installed apps is available.
- Now, you have to find the Roblox folder and open it.
- Hit the Ctrl + A hotkeys to choose inside everything. Now, hit Shift + Delete so that you can delete the chosen content permanently.
- Finally, check if the issue remains or not by restarting the PC.
Delete Entries from Registry Editor
It is a dangerous process. Why? Suppose, you have accidentally deleted or modified the wrong registry. Then you will encounter a lot of issues. So, we recommend you to backup your data first.
- Your first job is to hit Windows + R keys to open the Run box.
- Next, you must type regedit to form the registry editor. Then, tap on Enter.
- Tap on HKEY_CURRENT_USER and select Permissions… from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that you have full control over the user name, but it may be different.
- You should perform steps 3 and 4 again in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE folder.
- You should restart the PC and try to reopen Roblox. Finally, you should check if the Roblox error code 403 still exists or not.
You can get TWILIO ERROR CODE 30003 when a message that you have sent is not delivered to the device. It may happen if the destination is unreachable or unavailable. To gather more knowledge about this error, you have to click on the link and read the entire article:
ROBLOX ERROR CODE 429 is a Client-side error. It can occur when the server receives a lot of requests. To know more about this error, click on the link and go through the entire article:
frequently asked questions
1. Is Roblox Error 403 an IP ban?
Players with IP addresses on the banned accounts get blocked for seven days. They can face the issue when they access the Roblox website.
2. What is a Roblox poison ban?
If any user account is permanently closed, we should call this a Poison ban (1 year/Permanent).
3. Can a VPN cause a 403 error?
You may encounter an error when you use a VPN. In this case, you should disable this and reload the page because a few sites restrict access through a VPN.