Spectrum is continuously emerging as one of the most successful service providers. With this brand, you can have maximum network coverage, the best internet speed, and Spectrum QoS. However, even with such a popular brand, you may encounter some disturbing errors. Spectrum Cable Box Error Codes List with Fixes?
DUI, DMI, DI, EC220, E220, E14, and E09 are some general spectrum cable box error codes list that can appear frequently. These error codes mostly indicate picture issues, TV channel errors, and failed programs.
But that does not mean you will not be able to fix these errors. I have discussed these general error codes, the reason they appear, and the fixes you can try to resolve the errors in the below sections.
Spectrum Cable Box Error Codes List
Each error code that you encounter on the Spectrum cable box indicates some particular issues. So, it is better to know why they appear frequently. Only then, you can try to fix them. Here is the Spectrum cable box error codes list with their fixes.
1. DUI, DMI
DUI and DMI are the error codes that show up when you turn on the TV. Usually, these codes disappear immediately after showing up. The error codes DUI and DMI indicate a failure signal on your Spectrum setup. In such a case, you will notice some missing channels on the Spectrum setup.
Basically, DUI or DMI error codes are connected to a video interface. It has to be thrashed out from the TV before it displays. There are some simple fixes available to resolve this issue.
- You need to refresh the signals on Spectrum to fix these error codes.
- Another thing that you can try is to look for faulty connections and loose cables. Maybe some cords are damaged and that is why you see these codes. So, you can just replace or readjust the cords and fix this issue.
The error code, DI, shows up when there is a pixel-related issue on your Spectrum TV. DI error code indicates that an update on the program guide is available. In such a case, you will notice pictures of poor quality. This is not at all a severe issue. You can fix it if you update the old program.
- First, you need to reboot the Spectrum cable box.
- After that, you have to update the pending program and wait until it is finished successfully.
- The entire process will take 15 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
3. EC220, E220
The error codes, EC220 and E220 indicate the same issue. They are another general error code in the Spectrum cable box error codes list. EC220 and E220 mainly imply the incompatibility of services. It indicates that the Spectrum cable box is trying to buy an HD programming service on television or the SD receiver. Therefore, the fixes for these error codes are simple.
- If you have ordered the proper programming, you need to reassure that first.
- If there is any mistake, you have to update the order details correctly and try again.
- If you own an SD television, you need to order the proper SD programming that is suitable for the TV.
- You should refresh the Spectrum signals if there is a misunderstanding from Spectrum’s end.
Also Read: How To Fix Roblox Not Updating On Mac
4. Error 1, Error 5, Error 7
When these error codes show up, they indicate multiple issues. Generally, you will notice a blinking and inconsistency in the purple light on your router, provided by Spectrum. As these error codes imply several issues, you might find it hard to find out the actual issue.
However, if you notice these error codes appearing with a blinking purple light on your Spectrum router, it indicates a hardware failure. Don’t worry. This can be fixed.
- The first thing you have to do to resolve these error codes is that you have to assure that the cables are in the proper place. Also, you need to confirm that they are connected properly.
- Now, you have to reboot the router and the modem, provided by Spectrum.
- At last, you have to reset the Spectrum router.
- If you notice that everything is all right, the issue probably lies in the Spectrum cable box. In such a situation, you need to contact the customer service center of Spectrum. You need to talk to them and they will arrange for replacing your Spectrum cable box.
The error code, E14 is one of the frequent issues that Spectrum customers have to deal with. That is why this error code is most popular among all the Spectrum cable box error codes. When the error code E14 shows up, it implies a failed startup of the Spectrum receiver.
What it means to say is that the Spectrum cable box is not able to receive or get any signals. On the other hand, it may indicate a hardware problem. But to ensure that you need to refresh the signals every few minutes and try to receive the signals again and again. If you see this error showing up each time you refresh the signals, it is definitely a failed receiver startup.
- Reset the Spectrum cable box by disconnecting the cords either from the box or from the power outlet. Wait for at least 45 seconds. Plug them back. Turn off the box.
- If resetting the Spectrum cable box fails to resolve the issue, you should talk to the customer service center of Spectrum TV. They will send a professional to fix this problem.
6. E 09
Another common error code on the Spectrum cable box is E09. Just like the other error codes discussed above, this code happens to appear frequently on the Spectrum cable box. When the E09 error code shows up, it signifies that your Spectrum setup is having a memory failure or a dead battery.
It means there is a technical issue on the Spectrum cable box or you need to change the Spectrum setup.
- The best you can do is to call for technical support. Tell them your issue briefly.
- Spectrum company will send professionals. Either they will fix it or you have to replace the Spectrum cable box and get a new one.
Also Read: How To Download Golden Dragon App For Android?
1. What are the Spectrum error codes?
If you have a Spectrum connection, you may notice multiple error codes for the Spectrum cable box. They are:
- DI- An issue with the Spectrum TV pixels (an update on the program guide is available).
- DUI, DMI- Issues with the Spectrum signal, missing channels, and picture.
- Error 1, Error 5, Error 7- Hardware issue.
- EC220, E220- An issue with buying or receiving HD programming on television or HD receivers.
- E14- Issues with the receiver startup.
- E09- Dead battery or the failure of memory.
2. Where is the reset button on the Spectrum cable box?
You will be able to find out the reset button on the front or back side of the Spectrum cable box. You should first check the front side of the Spectrum cable box. There you will be able to find a little circular reset button.
In case you can’t find the button on the front of the cable box, you should go for checking the back side beside the power cords. On the other hand, you will be able to rest your spectrum connection if you press the menu button on the right side of the cable box of Spectrum.
3. How do I fix the error Spectrum on my cable box?
You will be able to fix the error Spectrum on your cable box in multiple ways. You can try them all if one method does not work for you. The methods are as follows:
- You should try to reboot the cable online.
- You may try to restart the cable box with the help of the app.
- Try to restart the receiver manually.
- You need to ensure that the power cords of the Spectrum cable box are attached safely to the outlet.
4. What does e8 mean on Spectrum?
If you have noticed the e8 error code on your Spectrum, it can indicate many issues. This error code is generally seen while the Spectrum cable box is starting up.
In most cases, the error code, e8, indicates that the receiver is not receiving enough power. That is why the startup process is getting disrupted. In case you have connected the receiver with an extension cord, you should make sure that the cord is not connected to multiple devices.
Also Read: How To Download Video Star On Windows 10