Are you a gaming freak? Do you love to play video games? We understand the importance of Discord for you. It is really important to communicate with your group via chat, voice, or video call while playing sometimes.
But do not worry too much. You are definitely not the first person dealing with this exasperating situation. And it is a kind of problem that can be solved with proper methods and a bit of patience!
But what are those “proper methods”? The answers, my friend, are blowing in this article! Here we will help you to run you’re your discord app successfully and fix every issue that is appearing like a roadblock.
So just read on and try each method step by step with a little perseverance until you get the exact way working for you.
A Fatal Java Script Error Has Occurred Discord
Discord is like Skype for gamers.
It allows communicating with your groups on chat, voice, or video calls in real-time. You can also meet up and make friends with like-minded peoples here.
Before you go to a solution, it will be better to know and go to the roots of the reasons that cause this problem.
- In most cases, it is a corrupted discord installation.
- Have your quality audio video experiences has stopped by any chance? This also may be the reason.
- Even sometimes your antivirus software may also create a problem.
Now you know the reasons try these fixes below.
Check your antivirus software
Before you go for any other solution, make sure that your antivirus software is not preventing discord from opening.
You need to whitelist your discord in the windows defender system or any third-party software that you are using.
But to check if this is the reason or not, you may disable the antivirus programs temporarily.
Delete Discord Folders
You have to delete two folders first.
- Open the run box again following the same way (press Windows+R)
- Type %appdata% in the window and hit the ok button.
- A window will show up. Find the discord folder here and right on it to delete the folder.
- Go back to Runbox again and this time enter %localappdata%
- Here again, delete the discord folder in the same way.
Run without admin rights
Withdraw admin rights from your discord app. This may fix your issue. Right-click on the discord app and click on properties.
Now go to the compatibility tab and find out the option “Run the Program as an Administrator”. Choose “Apply and Ok”.
Have you found your solution in the section above? Good if yes. But do not worry if it is no. try these fixes instead.
- Sometimes your quality audio-video experience is paused. This may also stop discord. To start it automatically:
- Open windows run box.
- Type services.MSc and click ok
- Look for windows audio-video experience. Right-click on it and click on properties.
- Now click on start-type and select automatically.
- Try hard disk scan. Follow the steps:
- Go to windows search and type windows power shell. Select run as administrator.
- Type these commands.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup
- Once done restart your system
Discord Uninstalled Itself
There can be many reasons behind this behavior of discord. In most of the cases when you shut down discord, there are still processes that are running behind. This may be the real hindrance that keeps your discord from starting again.
If this is the case with you, you have to kill the process first before trying to open your discord.
If this is not the case, then you have to look for the villain elsewhere. We can suggest some hiding places for your culprit.
- Check your internet connectivity at first.
- Virtual Private Netwrok (VPN) and proxy compatibility may also the issue here.
- Wait, are you sure that your system settings is hundred percent correct? You will never be able to open discord with an incorrect system settings.
- Make sure that you do not have any corrupt data in your files or the application itself.
Here are some solutions that may help fixing the problem.
- It may sound odd, but sometimes simply closing your discord and restarting your computer can fix this problem.
- Log in with any web browser you like may also be some help. Open the official website of discord (http://discordapp.com), try logging in, and close the browser. Now launch the application once again. Discord may start normally.
- Your application may need a simple updatation. To update it open the run dialogue box (Windows + R) and type %localappdata% now find out discord folder and double click on update.exe. Launch discord again after the updatation is done.
Why Can’t I Re-download Discord?
Are you facing the same irksome pop-up, “installation has failed”? Do not worry.
Try the fixes written below until you find out the correct one for you.
- Disable your discord
- Delete folders in discord
Before you start you must terminate all the processes running on discord so that the app can be deleted.
- Follow this process.
- Press Windows+R to open the run box
- Type Taskmanager and press ok
- When you are leaded to Procees tab, end all the task related to discord.
Repeat the same process as many times needed o end all the tasks running on discord.
Delete Discord Folders
Delete the discord folders from appdata and localdata with the help of your runbox.
If you have successfully terminated all tasks that were running on your discord, both the files will be deleted without any hassle, otherwise, you have to start from step one again.
- Now restart your system
- And try to download discord again. Major possibilities say that you must be successful. You can try this link below:
Discord Error Installing
Sometimes your recent updates on windows 10 cause error installing. Try these troubleshooting steps to get rid of it.
- Hit Windows + I, open settings.
- Choose update and security and select windows update.
- Look for the recent updates there and uninstall them
- Once done, try reinstalling discord.
Discord Exe Location
Discord.exe is generally located within a folder of “C:\Program Files”. You can also find it in the subfolder: ‘c:\users\%USERNAME%\appdata\local\discord\app-0.0.278\’ folder.
How Do I Fix A Corrupted Discord File?
You cannot run discord with a corrupted file. To fix it follow the guidelines below, if you are a windows 10 user.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and choose Task Manager.
- End discord tasks.
- Uninstall your previous discord app.
- Open windows from the control panel. Open programs and features.
- Find discord and uninstall it.
- Delete the files that are still left on your device, restart your desktop.
- I Hope, discord will be reinstalled without any issue.
Hope that the issue you were facing with your discord app is fixed by now. Thank you for visiting us!
READ MORE: Best Way To Clean The Window Screen Instant