Are you wondering how to make someone a mod on discord? Well, here’s how you do it. You need to open discord through the browser or launch the app. Now you need to create a role, then assign roles and provide access to the moderator, and now finally go over to the member’s tab and promote an individual to a moderator.
A group moderator on discord has many responsibilities assigned to him, so always be careful whom you are making the moderator as they are in charge of maintaining the group.
You need to remember that moderators are also capable of adding and removing participants as a result they are endowed with a lot of responsibility.
Best Way How To Make Someone Admin On Discord?
In case you require a helping hand to manage your server, you can decide to make someone an admin.
When you make someone admin you allow them to perform various administrative tasks such as moderating discussions and creating channels.
If you’re a discord user you must be aware that before making someone an admin you need create an admin role and the. Assign it to them.
Be very cautious when granting someone the role of admin as they will have a lot of authority about making various changes.
You can make someone an admin on Discord in two different ways via a Desktop and via your Discord Mobile app.
Follow these steps to make someone a server admin on Discord from a Desktop-
- Open the Discord Desktop App or use your browser and sign in to your account.
- From the sidebar select the server in which you want to make someone an admin.
- On the server page, right next to the server at the top click on the down-arrow icon.
- In the expanded menu select “Server Settings”.
- Now click on “Roles” to view the available roles.
- Create a role with admin access from the “Roles” section by pressing “Create Roles”.
- Now edit the role by adding description, role name, and so on.
- Click on the “Permissions” tab.
- Now scroll down the Permissions tab all the way down. Now turn on the “Administrator” option by granting admin privileges to the role.
- Now save your settings by clicking on “Save Changes”.
- Now go back to the server screen.
- From the member, the list selects the user you want to make an admin. Right-click on this user and select Roles and then Admin.
Now your new admin is created.
Easiest Way Of How To Create Roles In Discord?
In case you’re wondering how to make roles in discord? We have a step-by-step guide right here for you.
Creating roles on discord is very crucial as only after creating roles you can assign them to specific moderators.
Follow these steps to create roles in Discord-
- Move over to the server list on the left corner of the side screen.
- Now choose the server for which you want to assign a mod and press down the arrow beside it.
- Select the drop-down menu from the “Service Settings” and then select “Roles” from the left column.
- Now press the plus icon at the top left corner to develop a new role.
- Type in a name in the empty field under the “Role Name” header. (You can type role names such as “Officer”, “Leader” or “Moderator” etc using your creative worm.)
- Now select a specific color that you will be able to easily spot amongst many others.
- Select the green button at the bottom and apply the changes you have made.
Know-How To Make Someone Mod On Twitch?
Mods are extremely important to be present in the Twitch chat room. They can be set apart from other members by the green and white sword icon next to their name.
Once you find a good candidate it becomes extremely easy to assign them the duty of mod on Twitch.
There are two ways of making someone a mod on twitch. You can use the mod chat command or through their user profile.
Using Mod Chat Command
- While the person you want to make moderator is in the chatroom, direct your attention to the stream chat.
- In the chat, you need to type the command: “/mod username”. In the place of “username”, you will have to type the name of the user you want to make a moderator.
- Now send the message, and that person will become a moderator.
Via Their User Profile
- As the person, you want to make mod is in the stream chat, click on their username.
- Below their profile overview, there will be an icon with an outline of a person. There will be a plus sign next to it. Click on it, and they will be added as a moderator.
- You can follow either of the two methods to make someone a moderator on Twitch.
Best Option How To Make Ranks In Discord?
You can gain certain ranks in the discord server by being active and interacting. The ranking is basically a way to reward your fellow members on discord.
It also makes your text channel extremely colorful. And moreover, it will also help you to know how many people are active in your group.
You can even plan giveaways based on this ranking system to people who have achieved a certain rank.
Here are the steps to make ranks on Discord-
- Create roles in your server settings.
- Now click on roles and then add ranks by clicking on the plus button.
- Ensure the fact that higher ranks are above lower ranks. Change the order by dragging roles up or down.
- Once you’re done, it is time to save changes. The highest rank will override the lower rank’s role colour, permissions and other things if applicable.
Read About What Does The Arrow Mean On iPhone?
1. How Do I Make Someone An Admin On Discord Mobile?
In order to make someone an admin on Discord mobile (Android & iPhone), there are a few steps that need to be followed.
Here are the given steps for Android-
- Move over to the main screen, where you can find the Servers menu at the center.
- Find out your desired server and right-click on the Options menu to open the Server Settings.
- Now scroll down until you see the “Roles” option and tap on it.
- Now go to “Add roles” and move with the same steps as discussed.
Here are the steps for iPhone-
- Open the Discord app and tap on the triple bar symbol at the upper left of the screen.
- Now scroll down to locate the server or just use its name in the search bar to find it.
- Now select the server and then jump to its “Server Settings” from the menu.
- The rest is the same as the desktop method.
2. How To Get Admin On Discord Without Permission?
Making yourself an admin on discord without permission is easy. However, there are a few steps that need to be followed-
- First of all Open Discord.
- Select the particular server that you want to be the admin of.
- Now click on the Server name and open the server.
- Now click Server settings and open it.
- Click on Roles.
- Now click on the + Button beside roles.
- Now you can assign a name to your role and set the permissions they have on your server and save the changes.
Although, it is expected that you request the existing admins to make you one instead of assigning a role to yourself and becoming an admin.
3. What Are The Major Discord Moderator Role Permissions?
We have tried to deduce a list of role permissions that a discord moderator might have in a server. Here they are-
- Kicking the members of the group.
- Banning Members
- Reading Text Channels and seeing Voice Channels.
- Sending Messages.
- Managing messages of the group.
- Maintain decorum of the group.
- Read message History of the group.
4. How To Stop Others From Adding You?
If you want people to stop adding you to groups just follow these steps-
Click on Settings> Tap on Account> Privacy> Groups> You will see that the setting is set to “Everyone”> Turn it off.
And now no one else will be able to add you without your consent. Doing this is important otherwise, you might fall victim to people’s prank of getting added to unwanted groups.
Related Post About How To Fix Hulu Error Code P-Dev302?