Are you trying to share your screen from Discord, and failing to get any sound? Well, this is a problem users are facing worldwide. There are numerous number of people who have reported exactly the same problem they are facing. But there is a good news, and that is, you can fix it easily by applying some tricks!
So if the no sound problem is bothering you on Discord, here we are with the steps of how to share audio on Discord properly. Do check the methods in case you want some easy solutions to the matter.
How To Share Desktop Audio On Discord – Fix No 1
There are some easy steps by following which you can share you screen properly. One of the main reasons of this fault is you have not added the program to Discord. So make sure you have added the program to Discord you want to stream.
Follow the steps below to add the program to Discord.
- Run Discord. Run the program you would like to share.
- Click Settings.
- Click Game Activity > Add it.
- Click the Select box. Select the program you want to share from the drop down menu.
- Click on the Add Game button.
N.B. – Do turn on the toggle next to OVERLAY in your Google Chrome browser.
You are done!
Discord Stream No Sound – Fix No 2
If you are still facing the trouble, try the steps below. These steps might help you overcoming the issue.
- Update the Audio Driver
One of the main reasons of this no sound problem is an outdated audio driver of the system. So try to fix the problem by updating your audio driver.
You can try to update the driver manually.
- Type in Device Manager in the search box of your computer. Click on the Device Manager once it shows.
- Go to the audio drivers in the list.
- Right-click on the driver and select Update Driver from the list.
- Follow the instructions to update the audio driver.
Discord Screen Share No Audio – Fix No 3
You have tried all the methods and still you are facing the same problem of no audio while streaming in Discord. It might happen because of the improper settings of Discord. In case you want an easy solution for this problem, try to clear Discord Roaming Data. Follow the steps below.
- Exit Discord.
- In the search bar of the computer, type %appdata% and hit Enter.
- Select Discord from the list, right-click on it, and then select Delete.
- Relaunch Discord and check if there is still the issue.
Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working – Fix No 4
If your hardware is incompatible with the latest audio subsystem of Discord, then you might face the issue. If this is the problem, then you have to switch to the legacy audio subsystem. You can try the steps below to do it properly.
- Open Discord.
- Click Settings.
- Click Voice & Video. Then in the right pane, select Legacy in the AUDIO SUBSYSTEM category.
- Click Okay.
I hope this will fix your audio related issues.
How to Share Audio on Discord with Headphones – Fix No 5
If your settings are not compatible with headphones, then you might face this issue. Here are the steps by following which you can share audio on Discord with headphones.
- Start Discord.
- Go to User Settings.
- Select Voice & Video.
- Select you headset using the drop down menu.
- Save the changes.
Now you can share audio on Discord with headphones properly.
How to Share Audio on Discord Mac – Fix no 6
In macOS 10.13, they have included audio in screen share option. If you want to share screen with audio in Discord on a MacOS, follow the stesp below.
- Go to the Dock or Apple menu and launch System Preferences from there.
- Click on Sound Panel.
- Select the Output tab.
- Select your headset as the output device.
How to Share Audio on Discord Screen Share – Fix no 7
If you are using and outdated version of Discord, you might face this problem. Discord developers release updates on a regular basis to fix the bugs. So if you are having problem with the audio while sharing the screen on Discord, likely it is happening because you have not updated the program yet.
Follow the steps to update Discord in order to get rid of this no sound problem.
- Press Windows key + R to open Run in your computer.
- Type %localappdata% in the text box and hit Enter.
- Double-click Discord from the list that have opened on the screen.
- Find a file called Update.exe. Double-click on it to start the updating process.
- Relaunch the program once the update is completed.
- This should fix the audio issue in Discord for you.
If you want a solution of this problem for your mobile, go to the next part of this article.
How to Share Audio on Discord Screen Share Android – Fix No 8
Good news for all mobile users! Discord finally added screen sharing option to its mobile apps on android and iOS platform. Now you can share your mobile screen up to maximum 50 users.
Discord is a gaming-focused app. Thus, screen sharing ability do have an appeal for the users.
If you are an android user, and if you are searching for how to share audio on Discord mobile, read this part to know how to share audio on Discord in android smartphones.
- Open the Discord app in your android smartphone.
- Join a voice channel, or a video call.
- From the call controls bar, tap the Screen Share icon.
- A dialog box will open and explain how it works. Tap Try It Out! To start.
- Now tap Start Now.
You are all done with the process. Enjoy Discord screen sharing with audio in your android smartphone without any hassle.
Why Can’t I Share My Audio On Discord?
There can be several reasons behind the no audio problem of Discord. It might be a bad server status for Discord, some running apps or processes running in the background, or a wrong Discord settings. In order to overcome this issue, you need to fix these first.
There could be a maintenance problem from the Discord developers’ end. If this happens, you might face the issue of a bad server status for Discord. In this case, you have no other options but to wait until the developers fix it.
There might be an issue of running apps or process in the background in your computer. If this is the problem, try to restart your PC and see whether the problem is still there or not. A reboot should make it for you if the problem is running programs or processes in the background.
If there is a wrong settings in your Discord program, it might result in no audio problem. In that case, resetting the settings could help you out. You can try the steps below to get rid of this annoying issue.
- Double-click on Discord icon to open it.
- Click Settings.
- Click Voice & Video.
- At the bottom left corner in the right pane, click Reset Voice Settings.
This will help you to reset the settings for you.
How Do I Enable Audio Mode in Discord?
You might have to change the settings of Discord in order to access the audio screen sharing feature. Sometimes, the audio in Discord remains disabled. To get the full features of audio settings, you need to enable the Audio Mode in Discord.
If the audio mode is disabled in Discord, follow the below mentioned steps to enable it.
- Open Discord.
- Open the settings menu by simply clicking on the cog icon. You will find it next to your name and display picture at the left corner of the bottom of the screen.
- Go to the App Settings.
- Select Voice & Video at the left side. By doing this, you will get the menu to change the settings for your headset or microphone in the right pane of the window.
- To select your headset, or microphone, go to the OUTPUT DEVICE and change the settings to Headphone.
- To select your microphone, go to the INPUT DEVICE and change the settings to Microphone.
You are all done! Now you have successfully enabled the audio mode of Discord.
The Final Words
The no audio issue is a worldwide problem of Discord. Though the developers are working hard to fix this, you can do it yourself by simply changing some settings in your program. We discussed those steps in this article in detail. Hope after going through this article, you will be able to find a solution of the problem you were facing.