You can fix the urban vpn connection error by running an SFC scan. So, to run an SFC scan and repair any damaged files, you should follow these steps.
- Your first task is to open the Cortana/Search box by hitting Windows Key + S. Then, your job is to find Powershell. Now, you should go to the search results to open Windows Powershell.
- Then, you need to scan the system for problems by typing sfc /scannow.
- When an SFC scan finds any issues, you should use this command to fix them.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
- After restarting the computer, you will not see UrbanVPN connection errors anymore.
Why is Urban VPN not Working?
Software or a browser problem can lead the VPN to misbehave. Therefore, you should resolve the error by eliminating the causes. The problem may appear because of the following:
- Overloaded VPN servers
- Using outdated VPN software
- Protocol mismatches in VPNs
How To Fix The Urban VPN Connection Error
You should try these solutions to fix the Urban VPN Connection error.
Check your network:
You should know that you can encounter the Urban VPN connection issue due to your network. If you want to fix this, you should follow these steps:-
- You should restart the network devices which you use, like routers & modems, and computers.
- After that, you need to connect to the internet through mobile devices as a hotspot.
- You can use a network cable to connect to the Internet when you use a wireless connection.
If you find any problem with the network connection during these methods, you must contact the Internet service provider for help.
Change VPN Connection:
VPN allows you to connect to several servers. You can receive many VPN error codes if your server is facing trouble. You can switch the servers and then check if the issue is fixed or not.
Change the VPN connection settings you're using:
If the connection of the virtual private network has not been set up accurately, you can encounter problems with the connection. So, to check if it is the reason, two settings exist that you can adjust:
- The server region you choose to connect to
- The tunnelling protocol you choose (OpenVPN, L2TP/IPSec, or IKeV2/IPSec)
You can use different options for the settings. Check if it can help you to fix the connection problem.
Restart the Software:
You must restart the VPN software or browser plug-in when you can’t fix the problem by changing the VPN server. Once you disconnect from the VPN server, you should restart the software. When you install a browser plugin, you must close this completely and try reopening it. Ensure that you have cleared the browser cache.
Update the VPN:
Ensure that you have updated your VPN software. You must run the latest software version to get rid of the bugs. Thus, it allows you to increase your performance. If you are willing to get the latest update for the VPN, try to check for updates under the VPN menu below the settings tab. You can set the VPN to automatically update mode. But to do this, you need to head toward the settings of your VPN program.
Reinstall the VPN:
You must install the latest VPN software package. Hence, you should go to the VPN provider’s website to install the latest software package. You need to uninstall the old packages to start with a clean slate.
Check your firewall or antivirus:
Firewall setting is one of the vital things you should check. In this case, your task is to check if the firewall or antivirus program blocks Urban VPN. If it happens, you should turn off the antivirus program temporarily. You must be careful of what you are browsing when it is off. Check if it can solve the Urban VPN connection problem.
If it is the reason, you should consult your firewall vendor. However, if not, you do not need to worry. It is possible to try other solutions.
Check your router ports:
If you want to use the UrbanVPN connection, you should keep the 443 TCP and 1194 UDP ports open on the router so that these can function correctly. You need to check whether the ports are opened and whether the firewall allows pass-throughs for the VPN or not. Your provider also blocks traffic on a specific port. If it is the case, you should change the UrbanVPN default port and see if it can fix the issue.
Restart the Windows Installer Service:
This process helps to get rid of the connection error.
- Your first job is to open the Run prompt by hitting the Windows key + R. After that, you need to type services. msc and press enter.
- Then, you need to look for the Windows Installer Service and tap on it. Next, your task is to choose Restart or Refresh.
Use the command prompt to flush DNS:
Incorrect DNS settings mess up VPN configurations. You should revert these to the default settings to check if they can fix the problem.
- Hit Windows key + R and type cmd. After that, your job is to press enter.
- Now, your job is to type in ipconfig /flushdns, letting you reset DNS settings to default.
- You need to enter these commands in the Command Prompt one at a time.
netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset
- If you suspect a problem with the router’s DHCP assignment, you must use these commands to release the old IP and request a new IP.
- You should use these commands to reset the network stack.
netsh int ip reset C:\resetlog.txt
netsh winsock reset
- Restart the computer and rerun UrbanVPN to check if it can fix the issue.
Have you encountered the Roblox error code 403? If you want to fix this, your task is to clear the Roblox cache folder and use the SFC command. Moreover, you can delete entries from the registry editor, disabling antivirus or third-party software. To gather more knowledge about this error, tap on the given link and go through the entire article:
By deleting temp files, running steam in legacy view, and reinstalling steam, you can fix the error code e84 steam. To gather deep information regarding this topic, click on the given link and read the entire article: